In June 1980, three young entrepreneur friends, Vikram Nair, Rajeev Dhawan & Gautam Nair got together to start their own venture to pursue a common dream of “making a difference”.Together, they established their own venture, starting a remarkable journey.The company started its journey under the name of “Paushak” - a Persian word (suggested by Late. Shri. W.N. Dhawan, the father of Mr. Rajeev Dhawan) meaning “clothes, dress, garment, attire, or vestment”.It symbolizes the core focus and dedication of the company to the realm of apparel.
- In 1995, the company underwent a significant transition and was renamed "Matrix Clothing Pvt Ltd." It marked a new chapter in the company's journey towards growth and success.
- The Company started its journey of 1000 miles with a single step from Mayapuri, New Delhi, operating from 1 room and 10 dedicated individuals.
- In 1992, the first assembly line woven garments factory was established in Mayapuri, followed by the establishment of a separate knits assembly line factory in 1995, located nearby.
- In 1995, the construction of a large integrated "Cut to Pack" factory began at the present campus in Gurgaon. Initially, 600 workers were shifted from Mayapuri, Delhi to this new facility. By 1997, all manufacturing activities were successfully transferred to this new and advanced facility.
- As the company expanded, two additional factories were set up within a 10-minute proximity to the Gurgaon campus.
- In 2019, a 165-machine factory was established in Ranchi, Jharkhand, which operates on a double shift basis. Furthermore, plans are underway to construct a new and larger 81,500 sqft GREEN factory in Ranchi. The company has already acquired 10 acres of land for this purpose.
Due to the unwavering commitment to its values and the dedicated efforts of its employees, Matrix Clothing Pvt Ltd has achieved remarkable milestones. The company takes immense pride in serving numerous renowned international brands and has become a preferred partner in the industry.With a focus on excellence and customer satisfaction, the company continues to pave the way for further achievements in the apparel manufacturing industry.
To meet and exceed our customers’ expectations through innovative products delivered to agreed quality standards, on time every time.
To achieve the above, we endeavor to meet the career aspirations of our employees and make the Matrix Group a fun place to work in.
We aim to fulfill the expectations of our shareholders, supply chain partners and the communities we operate in.
To inspire and lead the apparel industry through
- Collaboration and
- Operational Excellence
"We maintain integrity in our dealings with all our stakeholders."
"We strive to be a Great Place to Work, where employees give their best and have fun doing it."
"We are never satisfied with the status quo and always strive to find better ways of doing things."
"We don't promise what we cannot deliver and will not compromise on quality."
"We are conscious of the environmental impact of our activities, including doing our bit for the communities in which we operate in."
- The first factory was set up in a space of 1200 sq ft in Mayapuri, an industrial area in west Delhi, with a capital of Rs 40,000. Expanded rapidly to have six factories in Delhi by the end of the 1980s.
Grit & Determination
- Diversification into zip fastener manufacturing occurred in 1987. Launched an apparel brand "Milieu" in New York, USA, in 1987; the brand was sold in 1989.
Growth and Expansion
- Invested in an 8.5-acre land area in Gurgaon to set up a large “Cut to Pack” factory
- shifted over 600 people from Delhi to Gurgaon to the new plant.
- Brought in KSA Technopak in 1996 to help us set up a world-class factory.
- New manufacturing facility Unit-1 added to meet the ever-growing demand. The unit has a unique washing facility with a Nano Spray Machine.
Expansion with Technology Upgradation
- Setting up a new facility Unit-2
- The facility has in-house computer embroidery, centralized cutting with automatic fabric spreader and CNC cutting machines, and an automated unit production Hanger System.
Focus On Specialization
- Setting up a new facility, Unit-4.
- The facility offers a cut-to-pack facility with the capability of special washes, embroidery/beading, and produces high-end garments.
Expansion with a difference
- Set up a new facility in Irba, Ranchi, Jharkhand.
- The first women-powered facility for Matrix, with 95% of the workforce being women.
In house Fabric Store
- Storage facility for fabrics with a 14,000 sqft area.
- The facility is equipped with its own automated fabric-checking machines, ensuring the best services for customers.
- Adding another new GREEN facility in Ranchi. Projected completion expected by February '24.